Deciding whether or not to employ a real estate agent when you buy or sell the next home is a question that you might have asked yourself previously. If you are uncertain if it would be beneficial to use a AGENT, maybe this article can help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors shows that For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the common FSBO listing sold for $150,000 as the average agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they can save money and time by selling the home on their own, this is often not the case. In addition they usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to spend on all aspects of the sale. This would be marketing the house, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether or not they estate agents should spend extra money to get ready or fix up the home.
? Selling the home inside a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a house is typically the largest investment most people will make in their lives. Whether you’re buying a new home or selling your existing home, a real estate agent might help protect your interests and potentially save a large amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is normally not required to pay the true estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a home buyer on a purchase of a house, the commission earned by that agent is purchased by the seller of the home. The commission is taken out of the sales price.
2. Real estate agents have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is really a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them the most up today information on homes that are accessible in your area.
This service is not open to everyone. With the MLS an agent can find out information about the home like, taxes, how long it has been listed, price changes, special features on the house etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the region. A real estate agent should be able to tell you about the neighborhood, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are offered in the areas that you will be looking to purchase.
4. Agents understand how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very hard. In today’s market it is not uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often realtors have the ability to negotiate items in the home like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture into the sale of the house. Your realtors job is to ensure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you’ll have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a short period of time. Your agent can help you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent will probably be worth the commission. Once you actually consider everything your agent will do for you from enough time they list the home to the time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is usually money well spent. Often times an agent should be able to help you get your home sold much faster and for more income than you could have all on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose a realtor that lives in your area. This agent will understand a nearby, home values, benefits of the region, and the local competition.
3. Agents know how to sell your home. That is their job, and exactly like any other job should they don’t execute a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and really should know what they’re doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents background prior to permitting them to sell your house. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in this market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the house.